Zucchinis are one of the most versatile foods. You can cook them so many different ways! My two personal favorite ways to eat zucchini is in a lasagna and just as a simple side with some salt and pepper. They are also great to eat raw… just dip in some hummus and you have the perfect in-between-class snack. Besides being delicious, they are extremely healthy for you; One cup of zucchini only has around 19 calories!
Lasagna is one of my favourite foods but since I can’t eat regular lasagna every night for dinner I have found this healthy alternative that is actually very easy… It also makes great leftovers.
1 Red pepper
1Jar Pasta sauce (e.g Marinara)
Salt and Pepper
- Preheat your oven 375º and layer an oven pan with aluminium foil.
- Cut the zucchini on an angle to create a larger slice. Slice the eggplant, red pepper and tomatoes thinly and set aside.
- Layer the pasta sauce on the bottom of the pan and then continue to layer all of your ingredients with the sauce.
- Do this evenly and then put in the oven for about 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes sprinkle the cheese on top and let it cook for another 5 minutes or until golden brown.
Zucchini is just the perfect side to any meal. It’s a great replacement of salad as it means you can still get in your daily greens without eating a bowl of leaves.
Salt and pepper
- Toss the sliced zucchini in oil with salt and pepper to your taste. You can also add a little chilli if you like it spicey.
- Either sautè in a pan or put in the oven for about 15 minutes until golden.
Honey Soy Chicken (2 People)
2 Chicken breasts
4T Soy sauce
2 Garlic cloves
Salt and pepper
- Clean the chicken and cut into pieces or strips.
- Finely mince the garlic and ginger.
- In a bowl, mix together all of the ingredients and then add the chicken.
- Allow to marinade in the fridge for an hour if possible.
- In a sauteè pan, add a little oil and then the marinaded chicken. Add the extra sauce to the pan.
- Continually toss in the pan until the chicken is fully cooked and enjoy.