Making the decision to eat clean doesn’t mean you have to give up your favorite after-dinner dessert or baked good. With all the right ingredients, you can actually have that treat as often as you like without sacrificing any flavor or sweetness you would find at a not-so-healthy bakery. This week I am bringing you the most delicious all-occasion banana bread recipe that’s vegan, gluten-free, and sweetened with bananas and a bit of organic coconut sugar, meaning you can satisfy that sweet tooth without any guilt. Extra points if you smother some natural peanut butter on your slice and serve with fresh fruit.
For more clean and delicious recipes, follow Tayler on Instagram @cleaneatsbytay.
- 1 cup oat flour (made by blending raw old-fashioned oats in a blender or food processor until flour consistency is achieved)
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1 tbsp. coconut flour
- 3 tbsp. organic coconut sugar
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tbsp. flaxseed meal + 5 tbsp water
- 2 very ripe bananas mashed (the browner and softer the peel, the sweeter the bread will be)
- 2 tbsp. peanut butter
- 2 tbsp. melted and cooled coconut oil
- 2 tbsp. unsweetened organic applesauce
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 banana sliced horizontally
- 3 tbsp. Walnuts + a few for sprinkling on top
- 3 tbsp. sliced almonds + a few for sprinkling on top
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Create your flax eggs by combining the flaxseed meal and water in a small dish, whisk briefly with a fork, and place in fridge to thicken for 10-15 minutes.
- Thoroughly combine all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix together all wet ingredients in a small-medium mixing bowl, adding the flax eggs when they have finished thickening in the fridge.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and fold in with a spatula.
- Add in the walnuts and almonds and mix around once more.
- Pour the batter into your loaf pan then add the sliced banana and extra nuts on top.
- Bake in oven for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Serve immediately or store in fridge or freezer to have later!