With each and every season we rebirth. Today we celebrate the Summer Solstice, which represents new beginnings and an opportunity to release and receive.
Here’s a simple ritual to do for anyone interested in a ritual for the solstice!
What you’ll need:
- A private space where you can be alone
- A candle
- 2 bay leaves
- A journal and pen
Additional things to make your ritual extra special:
- Fresh flowers
- Music (My personal favorite for rituals is Dorothy Ashby)
- Create a sacred circle around you. This can be made of sticks, flowers, candles, sand, or salt.
- Start to call to each of the elements:
Light a candle and say, “I invoke the element of fire.”
Burn some incense and say, “I invoke the element of air.”
Drink some water and say, “I invoke the element of water.”
Touch the earth and say, “I invoke the element of earth.”
Take a deep inhale and exhale. Afterwards say, “I invoke the element of spirit.”
- Think about what it is that no longer serves you. Take your first bay leaf and think of all those negatives. Burn the leaf and feel yourself releasing. You can even say, “I release all that no longer serves me.”
- Take some time to list some things you are grateful for within your journal.
- Think about what it is that you’d like to manifest this summer. Take your second bay leaf and think of your intention. Burn the leaf and envision yourself achieving your desires. Say, “I am grateful for all the blessings I have received thus far and I look forward to manifesting more of my wishes.”
- Take some time to be in your ritual space. This can be a very comforting place. When you are ready, blow out your candles and say “So mote it be.”
Blessed Litha and Happy Solstice to all!
Emma Westbrook is a practicing witch and intuitive tarot reader. She has been following the religion of Wicca for five years, and has been reading divination cards for seven years. She creates her own tinctures, oil and herbal blends, spells, and meditations. She also works with crystals, moon phases, and seasons to connect and manifest with the natural flow of the universe. Emma writes a biweekly column on magic, as well as monthly tarot-scopes (tarot + horoscopes) for Blush online. Message her on personal Instagram at @emmawest.brook or her business instagram @weaving.witch for personalized readings, magical products, and other inquiries.