As our Labor Day cookouts come to an end and the ease of syllabus week leaves us in the dust, it’s officially time to face the elephant in the room; how are we going to survive this semester. I have the most perfectly curated collection that I know will be my staples to survive the semester and get up go each morning. #GoGina
- Gold Hoop Earrings. Big hoops have forever and always been my go-to since I was in middle school. I used to steal my mom’s or my older sister’s until I was old enough to get my own. They have a special place in my heart but my new found love for them is due to their ability to upgrade any look. I can make it a simply classy look with some thin, medium size hoops or go big and casual with extra large hoops.
- Sunglasses. Recently I’ve been resting them on my forehead to hide my untamed edges but they’re multi-use objects. Turns out it’s still cool to wear them to protect your eyes from the sun. Still, I find myself using them to cover a bad hair day or resting the resto tiny glasses on the tip of my nose.
- Gold Chains. Whether it’s a pendant necklace or a gold nameplate chain, I love it all. Gold neckwear and jewelry go beyond trend and transcends into my culture making them timeless. My personal favorite is my very own Old-English style font, 34k gold initial necklace. I never take her off!
- Fenty Gloss Bomb. So… should I just put this in all of my editor’s picks? I’ve used this good stuff for a year now. How timely is it that I’m just now running out of my favorite gloss as Rihanna is launching the Fenty Gloss Bomb in a new clear-diamond tone.
- Glossier Boy Brow. Honestly, you can use any mascara you have on file for this one. I just love the ease of swiftly brushing over my brows and lashes in the morning and running out the door. Instantly my face is framed, the brows are tamed, then I pop some Gloss Bomb on my lips and I’m ready to go.
- Trader Joe’s Sparkling Water. In any flavor! I have no explanation for this one other than I’m severely bougie. *Shrugs*
- Berries. Of any kind. While I’m still committed to my ketogenic lifestyle, I do recognize that living with such a specific food regimen could become increasingly difficult on a college meal plan. But berries, the only fruit I can eat on a keto diet, are a quick and easy snack to eat throughout the day.
- Queen by Nicki Minaj. This is number one on the charts and number one in my music library. Roll in the top 6 favorites off the album:
- Barbie Dreams
- Rich Sex
Let me know what’s been fueling your morning grind in the comments below. Have a great semester!