Emma Westbrook is a practicing witch and intuitive tarot reader. She has been following the religion of Wicca for five years, and has been reading divination cards for seven years. She creates her own tinctures, oil and herbal blends, spells, and meditations. She also works with crystals, moon phases, and seasons to connect and manifest with the natural flow of the universe. Emma writes a biweekly column on magic, as well as monthly tarot-scopes (tarot + horoscopes) for Blush online. Message her on personal Instagram (@emmawest.brook) or her business instagram (@weaving.witch) for personalized readings, magical products, and other inquiries.
Glamour magic is a change of physical appearance, though it doesn’t have to be quite as dramatic as we might see in the movies or media. I’ve been practicing witchcraft for almost 6 years and I only recently learned how to properly work with glamour magic, which is one of the most misunderstood, yet frequently used forms of magic.
I remember being a little witch and watching The Craft, where they would experiment changing their hair and even their faces. That, in fact, was a form a glamour magic. Glamour magic is changing your look, with the intention of desired outcome. All magic, of course, is an action performed with intention.
I think one of the best ways to explain glam magic is through the idea of power outfits. I have this yellow romper that I love. It’s comfy, cute, flattering, and sexy, all at the same time. Every time I wear it I get endless compliments. I feel good, and people notice that; they see my positive confidence energy, and send it back to me. The reason for this is, energetically, the color yellow connects to the solar plexus chakra, which represents our personal power and self confidence. So, by wearing the yellow romper, I’m essentially performing a glamour magic spell.
Color is one of the easiest ways to work with glamour magic. All you have to do is match a color to your intention, and keep that intention within your mindset. This can work with clothes, makeup, shoes, and even hair. It’s also fun to combine colors and intentions, for the ultimate magical cocktail.
The trick with glam magic is to put yourself in a manifesting mindset. The best way to explore and learn about any magic, is to experience it. Below is a glam magic spell for you to try out on your own!
Rainbow Glam Spell for a Successful Interview
This spell uses a combination of color and glamour magic techniques to create the perfect balance of abundance, protection, confidence, and communication skills needed for a successful interview.
What you’ll need:
- Red shoes
- Blue necklace
- Black mascara
- Green eyeliner
What you’ll do:
- Pick out your favorite pieces of clothing, pieces that makes you feel powerful and confident.
- While you get dressed, look at yourself in the mirror and give yourself three compliments. These do not have to be about the physical body.
- Begin to adorn yourself with makeup, thinking about what your intention for this interview is. What would you like to accomplish? What do you desire?
- When you get to the green eyeliner, think about all the things green represents. Abundance, growth, and prosperity. Think about what being prosperous means for you. What would abundance look like within your life?
- Black is the color of protection. While you apply the black mascara, ask the universe to protect you on this new journey. Allowing the outcome of this interview to push you towards the best use of your personal power. Trust that the universe is guiding you to where you need to be.
- Put on the blue necklace while repeating this mantra, “I listen and retain, I express and inspire. I am a creative communicator.” Notice anything you feel within your throat chakra. Sometimes working with a chakra can bring up a stinging or burning feeling. Don’t be scared of this, this is your body communicating to you that the chakra is out of balance.
- Finally, put on your red shoes. Feel your feet on the ground, strong and stable. Red is the color of the root chakra. Red also represents confidence and passion. Quickly visualize your feet growing roots into the ground. You are strong and wise like a tree, you are unshakable and strong.
- Take a final look at yourself in the mirror. Look yourself in the eyes and say, “I am confident within myself and my skills. I am successful and prosperous. I am able to communicate and manifest my true desires. I am protected by the universe and grateful for all the gifts I have received. My intention for this interview is ________. And so it is.”
Good luck and happy casting!