Breakfast always comes at such a stressful time… Class is in an hour and you still have to get dressed and eat. Instead of grabbing a granola bar try making one of these four recipes the next time you’re on the go.
Very Berry Smoothie
The names a cliche name but it’s true. Smoothies are always great when you’re on the run – Pop it into a takeaway cup and drink on the go.
- Plain or vanilla yogurt
- Frozen mixed berries
- Frozen pineapple
- Frozen acai (Wholefoods often has it on sale)
- Chia seeds
This doesn’t require a lot of preparation so just throw a little of everything in your blender and then top of with some water. For the classic smoothie consistency it usually works best if the other ingredients are almost covered with the water.
This is my number one college savior. When I have to get up early and my roommate is sleeping I hate making a fuss and being noisy in the kitchen. To avoid this, and to save time I make this frittata the night before and then all I have to do is put it in the oven or microwave to warm it up. It’s also great cold.
For this recipe you can use an external pan (like a pie shell) or a small sauté pan that can go in the oven.
- 6 eggs
- ⅓ C Full cream milk or light cream (half and half works too)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 C spinach
- Crumbled feta
- Chilli Flakes
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 375ºF. In a bowl beat the eggs and add the milk/cream. Put this aside.
- Finley cut the garlic and saute in a pan with the olive oil. Add the chilli flakes if you like it spicey.
- Add the spinach to the saute pan and continually toss until wilted.
- Add the eggs to the saute pan and then add the crumbled feta.
- Put the frittata in the oven for about 20 minutes until it is golden brown on top.
Scrambled eggs are perfect when you’re in a hurry but basic scrambled eggs can get a little boring. Mix it up with a green scramble by adding a few extra ingredients. The best part is that it only takes 3 simple steps.
- 2 Eggs
- 2T Milk
- Mozzarella cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix the eggs and milk in a bowl and then add the spinach and peas.
- Add a little oil in your pan and then add the egg mix.
- As the eggs cook, scramble them in the pan and add the mozzarella cheese.
Chocolate Chip Pancakes
When you have a little extra time to spend on breakfast and want to indulge these pancakes are still simple enough to make when you don’t have all day.
- 1C Bisquick
- 1C Milk
- 1T Sugar
- 1 Eggs
- Chocolate chips
- Whisk all of the ingredients in a bowl. Preheat your pan.
- Add some butter to the pan and then add the pancake batter.
- Let the pancakes bubble on one side, then flip and enjoy!